Saturday, Daren did 2 things he has never done before:
1. He went to the BYU game by himself. His dad couldn't go because he is recovering from knee surgery. I am sick, coughing up a lung, so to speak. So Daren went by himself. Secretly, I think he enjoyed going to the game alone. He could listen to the pre-game show without the wife talking his ear off. During the game, the wife wasn't there to ask for snacks, wasn't there to make comments or ask questions. Just 60 minutes of straight BYU football, uninterrupted! Pure BYU heaven! Then on the way home he could listen to Bronco's whisperings of sweet nothings, again without the wife yappin in his ear. But when asked, he is very smart and says how much he missed me there with him. Hummm, which is it?
2. Later that night, we went to a party at our neighbor's house. They rented a mechanical bull. He was so cute riding the bull! And that's no bull!
On Friday, we had a special surprise. Great Grandma Bloxham came to visit Grandpa Bloxham who is recovering from knee surgery. I think it is so cute that even at her age she is still worried about her son and had to come from Idaho to check on him. The kids were really excited to see her. Abby is named after Great Grandma Bloxham so she was really excited to see her name-sake.
The best part of the weekend was that our Primary Program was today at church. It was a wonderful program. The kids did a great job!
BUT my favorite part of the weekend was that I have been corresponding with my favorite Japanese friends, The Iinuma Family. We e-mail each other almost everyday. I love this family! This weekend they told me that they are trying to come to America next year or the year after to visit. It would be a dream come true to meet them all. I will keep my fingers crossed (In America that means that I am wishing for it to come true!)
1 comment:
Whew..what a weekend! Thanks for all your hard work on the primary program..it was so sweet.
Post a Comment