Friday, August 21, 2009

A VERY LONG WAIT

A 6 YEAR WAIT and now nothing but SILENCE fills my house today. It's an eerie silence, one that is different from when they are playing at friends or at an activity. It's a long, almost too quiet silence. It is a silence that I thought would never come and now that it is here, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it.

Today, all 3 children are at school for the entire day. I came back home after dropping the girls off and curled up in my bed. I couldn't sleep. I just couldn't believe how slow and yet how fast the past 6 years have gone. I felt very melancholy as images raced through my mind of when my girls were babies. Those were long days. And now, this is a long day as I anxiously await their return home from school with a batch of freshly made chocolate chip cookies (our tradition).

Abby started school yesterday and was so excited to have the same teacher that Camille did last year. Her best friend, Erica, is in her class. She was excited to wear her brand new outfit that has been ready to go for the past month. It seemed like nothing could go wrong for her yesterday. BUT...
This is what I found when I came to pick her up at school:
She was NOT happy at all and hated the first day of 1st grade. She was bored and said it was too hard. She was NOT happy that Erica got to leave with all of the other Track 1 students and she was left behind for another hour. I am hoping today is a better day.
Time is so strange. It seems like everyday goes by slowly and then you turn around and a year has passed. It seems like just yesterday my little Abby was in her high chair with her big brown eyes looking up at me. I love that she has big brown eyes. She is my only child that has them and they match mine. I love that Abby and I share that trait. Abby is such a joy in our family. She loves to be first at everything and always tries her best. She is a great sister and she just melts my heart!
This was my life 5 years ago!
Camille 2 1/2, Abby 1 1/2

CAMILLE
The girl who LOVES hats! She brings the fun into our family. She is always making us laugh. She had to start school 1 day late this year. So this fashion outfit as she calls it, had to wait 1 extra day to be worn. She loves jewelry, pink and anything girly. She loves to go to the mall but refuses to carry her own shopping bags. She's definitely our little Diva!


This was Camille on the real 1st day of school. She had to have a hat of some sorts to wear.
And of course, bunny was there as a loyal and true friend.
Camille has always been a ball of fire ever since she was born and even in the womb. She is always happy and truly loves everyone and everything. Well, except for vegetables. When she was in Arizona this summer, my brother announced to his family that Camille was a blast from his childhood past. I have to agree. Sometimes she says and does things and I think to myself, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

I love these girls so much! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself everyday. Well...actually I do! It's a mixed bag of emotions for me today and I am so filled with love for being their mother!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Cute post! I love what you had to say about your girls. I hope Abby had a better day at school today.

marianne said...

time fies by way too fast. i wish time could freeze. cute girls!

Julie said...

You are such a great writer..I can totally relate! The girls pic in pink is absolutley adorable!!!

Andrea said...

I laughed out when I saw Abby's picture. She was so sad but so cute. I can't believe how pretty your girls are getting. I don't even know Camille that well, but I have always said she was a mini Julie. Love the hats!