Monday, October 12, 2009

MY HERO

The wait is finally over!! After months and months of fighting with Camille about braiding her hair, having ponytails, or making her hair look like "a spoiled baby" (that's what she calls it if you curl it), she is FINALLY someone's hero.

Camille cut over 10 inches off of her hair to donate to Locks of Love. It is an organization that collects hair to make wigs for cancer patients. She has said for months that she is doing it so she can be "someone's hero."

Well Camille, you are definitely MY HERO because I know how much you have HATED having long hair!
BEFOREDURING
BUNNY WITH THE LOCK OF CAMILLE'S LOVE
AND...AFTER!
VIDEO (I love watching her face when she gets it cut off)

If you would like, please leave a comment for Camille. She has been SO excited for me to do this post about her and LOVES to read to comments on the blog.
UPDATE: As I mentioned over the weekend, tragedy has hit our community. We live in such a close-knit community that even though I personally didn't have a child on that bus that rolled, I know many students who were either on the bus or travelling in other buses that saw the crash. The teacher that died was a true hero is grabbing the wheel when the bus driver passed out. She gave her life to save the students on the bus. Church was extremely sad yesterday and I hope we can all heal soon from this tragedy. ksl.com has more information. Thank you for all your prayers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Camille!! You are DEFINITELY a hero! And how great that someone will enjoy your beautiful hair real soon. What a good, kind heart you have.
xoxo

amy said...

Yay for Camille! I think that's the coolest thing.

Kayla said...

good job Camille on donating your hair!!! i know it took a long time to grow out and you did it!!
love you
Kayla

Unknown said...

Camille,
I am jealous of anyone who can grow ANY hair, let alone ten inches! We love you and are proud of you!
Uncle Peach

Julie said...

You are beautiful Camille!!! You are a hero!! I love your sunshiny smile :)

Melissa said...

Wow Camille! What a neat thing to do! I know you worked so hard for it and we are really proud of you! The boys talk about their visit to your house all the time!
Love,
Ryan, Melissa and the boys!