Monday, April 26, 2010

OREGON TREES

I am a desert rat by nature. I grew up in Arizona where the only shrub I could name was a cactus.

Until this past week.

Now I go to bed at night and think of boxwoods, red twig boxwoods, spirea-which sounds like diarrhea, dogwoods, snowmounds, etc.

Our wonderful neighbor ordered 2 semi-trucks of trees and shrubs from Oregon. The first semi came Saturday night. I felt horrible that we were at Camille's dance competition and couldn't help unload the truck. But our awesome neighbors came through for us and unloaded our loot. We will definitely be around this weekend to help with the 2nd truck.
I am a sentimental person. I LOVE that these tress are from one of my favorite places in the world-OREGON. In fact, 2 of our Japanese Maple trees died this year. We specifically ordered a new Japanese Maple tree to remember our favorite Japanese friends, The Iinumas. When I miss them or wish they lived closer, I look at the Japanese Maple tree and think of them.
This is where one of the Japanese Maples died. We replaced it with a weeping cherry. And, I am lovin those boxwoods behind the tree.

Tomorrow is the BIG day when they are planting the rest of the trees.

No comments: