Thursday, May 20, 2010

TOUGH BREAK

Monday Morning
Tanner: My foot hurts.
Me: You'll be fine.

Tuesday Morning
Tanner: My foot really hurts when I walk.
Me: What did you do?
Tanner: Don't know, just woke up like this yesterday morning.
Me: You're fine.

Wednesday Morning
Tanner: My foot REALLY HURTS! I can hardly walk on it.
Me: I will call the doctor. (Maybe in a few days I thought)

Wednesday Morning Text From School
Tanner: I can hardly walk...my foot hurts SO bad!
Me: Ok. Hello doctor's office? Loser mom here...and I guess something is wrong with my son's foot.

Wednesday Noon:
Doctor: X-rays foot, broken sesanoid, boot cast for 4-6 weeks.
Tanner: Heartbroken, lacrosse season will now be officially over for him!
Me: Major guilt for making him walk around since Monday with a broken foot.
Not happy with me for taking his picture and
not happy he can't play lacrosse.

Last night I caught him trying to figure out how to pass the sacrament with his crutches. I know I am the world's most embarrassing mom, but Tanner you are a wonderful young man and I'm SO sorry I didn't listen on Monday.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Poor guy! What in the world did he do? And you are not a bad mom, just real!