In February, each of the 3 kids had really exciting things happen to them!
Tanner was inducted into the National Honor Society for the 2nd year in a row. To qualify, the student must have a 3.7 or higher gpa. He is a smart student and we are so proud of him earning this award 2 years in a row!
My dilemma came in telling the girls that one of them placed and the other didn't. From the time they were babies, I have always tried to teach them that sometimes one of them will win and the other will lose. Sometimes one of them will get invited to do something and the other won't. And, that's okay. That doesn't mean that one is better than the other. So, I said a prayer that I would know what to tell them. We all sat down at the kitchen table and I told them that one had placed and the other didn't. I told them that we need to be happy for the one who did well and be a good sport and not cry if we didn't place. They both agreed and when I told them that Camille had won, Abby gave Camille a HUGE hug and told her CONGRATULATIONS! It melted my heart to see her be a good sport. Abby did great at the festival too.
Abby was able to be baptized in February. She is such a sweet, tender-hearted little girl. I am so proud of her decision to be baptized.
I am so proud of all my children!
No comments:
Post a Comment