Tuesday, November 18, 2008

THE KINDERGARTEN RULES

The last few weeks when we drop Abby off at school she has the following requests:
1. Don't kiss me goodbye in front of the school.
2. Don't talk to me once I get out of the car going into school.
3. Once we are in front of the school, do not hug me goodbye.
4. Don't talk to me in front of my friends.
5. If I forget something in the car, don't call my name to come get the forgotten item.
Yesterday, Daren dropped Abby off at school. She left her coat in the car. Daren was not aware of "THE RULES." He rolled down the window and called Abby's name loud and clear. She totally ignored him. Again, this time a little louder, "ABBY" nothing except a quicker walk towards the school. He tried a 3rd time even louder, "ABBY." This time the playground aide noticed and gave him a stare. However, his daughter only gave him a quick run away towards the school.
DOES THIS MEAN 10 YEARS FROM NOW WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DROP HER OFF A BLOCK AWAY FROM THE SCHOOL?

3 comments:

Anna said...

I remember when Ryan wouldn't let us hold his hand anymore. I was so sad. Luckily, Erica isn't quite to that point. Hopefully Abby won't let her in on the "Rules".

Andrea said...

Ten years from now she won't need you to take her anywhere...Camille will have her licence then and if she is anything like you she will have it on the day she turns 16. I know you know what I am talking about. :O}

Anonymous said...

that is hysterical and even funnier that Daren didn't know the rules and probably wondered what in the world was going on.