Thursday, June 25, 2009

3 LITTLE ROCKERS

Daren, the girls, and I picked up my cute little niece who is 5. In the 3 hour drive home we listened to the 3 girls sing the following songs in this order OVER AND OVER AGAIN:

Camp Rock soundtrack
Hannah Montana songs
Cindi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Yes, if you are girl who was a teenager in the 80's you know you love this song. I have fond memories of having big poofy hair and driving around in my friend Erin's Nissan Pulsar to this song.)
Crush by David Archuletta
Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield

After 3 hours of song Camille asks Daren, "Dad are you sad that you are the only boy in the car?" Sometimes was his reply. I could see the wheels turning in his head. I think his thoughts went something like this:

SPORTS RADIO---WHERE ARE YOU???? Well, I better enjoy this now because 10 years from now I'm going to have to be at the mall with these 3. I'll be walking around the mall with "That Look" - ya know the look that all men at the mall have---How much longer and how much is this costing me? I guess this is cheaper, annoying but cheaper.

He is such a good girls dad! He just patiently drove, laughing and keeping the eye-rolling to a minimum while the 3 little girls enjoyed being cute, little girls.

Best part of the trip was coming home to find a box of Godiva chocolates (my absolute faves) from my sweet sister-in-law from Maryland. She sent me chocolates to thank me for coming to help her. I should be the one sending her the box of chocolates. She deserves them WAY more than I do.

We were home for all of 30 minutes when Abby threw up. Maybe it was all that music!

No comments: