Friday, May 28, 2010

END OF AN ERA

I wasn't crying, as I usually do on the last day of school, (Yes, I'm a dork!) until I walked past Ms. J's classroom and saw everything packed up. It was right then I realized this is the END OF AN ERA! Both of my girls were lucky enough to have Ms. J as their first grade teacher. She is an AMAZING teacher. The girls have absolutely LOVED her. In fact, last year she won Teacher of the Year for the school because she is THE BEST!!

The girls said their favorite things about Ms. J are the funny jokes she tells, when she reads them The Boxcar Children books, and when she tells the story of when she got stuck on the Matterhorn at Disneyland. And, they said she is SO funny and SO nice!
When I picked Abby up today she was crying and I was trying not to start because I knew once I started, there would be no stopping my tears. It reminded me of the first day of school when I picked her up and she looked like this:
And this: (See the post from August 2009)
Even though there were tears today, there were also a few smiles:
Ms. J gave Abby her address and she has already started writing a letter to her...only 2 hours after school is over because she misses her SO much!
Thanks Ms. J for 2 wonderful years! All "The Bloxham Girls" love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you cried! I totally would have too!