Sunday, July 5, 2009

HAPPY 4th OF JULY

We had a great time in Cedar City. We started the day watching the parade.


What American parade wouldn't be complete without a tank? The kids had a great time collecting candy from the parade. I love small town parades. People get so excited for them - like it's the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade or something! They are so patriotic and remind me how thankful I am to live in this country.
After the parade we had birthday cake. Even though my birthday isn't for a few more days, we celebrated early. One of the reasons why I love the 4th of July is because it means my birthday is soon! Don't bother counting - there are 29 candles. Okay, okay there are a few more than 29, but only a FEW more!

Then all of the kids came together and we lit fireworks in the street.


I am so grateful to be an American and live in this great country.

PS-Here is what happens when my older brother gets ahold of my camera. Guess I don't need to worry about my kiddos getting my camera, just my older brother! Some things just never change. After all these years, he's still loves to torment me!

No comments: