Tuesday, September 8, 2009

THE BIG GAME

BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!

To say the weekend was amazing only scratches the surface. There are so many things that happened. I will break them into categories.

THE HOTEL
Okay, so I totally didn't get the memo about the OU team staying at our hotel. We entered the lobby to find this as well as the OU fightsong playing over and over again as if we were on the ride at Small World. I thought I was going to go insane if I had to hear that song ONE MORE TIME! I met Coach Stoops. He's not the friendliest guy but it was cool to meet him anyway.
This was the view from our hotel room. What are the chances out of all of the hotels in Dallas we would end up at this one? Our group was pretty much the only BYU fans there.
THE FRIENDS
WOW! These guys are SO MUCH FUN! We were all in the same ward when we lived in Las Vegas. Only 2 couples still live there. We all became good friends mostly in part to the guy's love of BYU Football. The first night we were there, I went to bed and I thought I had sprained a stomach/fat muscle from laughing so hard. I love being with this group and I love them all. I wish we all lived closer.

Pam, Me, Amy, Sandy, Tammy

Our little row of seats
THE STADIUM
This place is unreal! I have never seen such a large building. Everything about the stadium was amazing except for the sound system. When the announcer would speak over the loud speaker, he would sound like Charlie Brown's teacher. All you could hear was, "Wah wah...wah wah wah wah."
This stadium is so massive. However, everything is VERY expensive. A bottle of water is $5 and a hotdog is $6. But to play in this stadium....Priceless!

The jumbo TV is amazing. It is all in hi-definition. It pretty much spans the entire field.

THE GAME
Yeah, Coach Stoops can't believe this is happening to his Sooners. What the heck is a Sooner, anyway? I never could quite figure it out. And why do they say, Boomer Sooner? And why do they all hold their index finger up at the start of the game as if to say, "Hey...pull my finger?" There were quite a few things about this team I didn't understand.
But this I did understand. THE FINAL SCORE!!
And, our fans didn't leave the stadium until the players were off the field.

And, my husband looks like he won the lottery. Let's just say that after the game was over, he was up until 3am watching ESPN, College Game Day and anything and everything that pertained to the BYU/OU game.
TEXAS
I HEART Texas! I LOVED Dallas. Whoever said, "Everything is bigger in Texas" knew what they were talking about. Everything is SO big there! The food is amazing, the city is amazing, the shopping is amazing, the country music is amazing, the humidity is amazing for my skin, the bull riding is amazing. Yes, I rode a mechanical bull while in Texas. We also went and saw the site of where President Kennedy was killed. This is on the grassy knoll but there isn't any grass because over a million people visit this site each year and the grass has worn away.But here is the spot of where he was shot.
And here is the grassy knoll.


We were SO SO SO glad we went to Dallas for the game. Daren said it was the BEST BYU game he has ever been to. That is saying a lot since he has pretty much gone to every one since he was 6 years old and Marc Wilson was the quarterback. It is now Tuesday, 4 days since the game and he still has a hoarse voice from cheering so loud. We had such a fun time watching the game and spending time with our friends. We played games each night in the lobby of the hotel and laughed the entire time.

Now...if BYU can just keep this streak going!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously, it must have been the best game ever! It was so fun texting you during the excitement!!

amy said...

Ahhhhhhh, my biggest regret! I'm kicking myself that we didn't take those tickets when we had the chance. One of these days we'll get to a game with you guys, although we might have to stand in line. . . it looks like you're pretty popular! :)

marianne said...

we are like your friend amy...we had tickets and sold them...oh well. the best part is that they won!!!