I love being a mom! I love days like today when I'm cleaning up and stumble across something so sweet and precious as this little book Camille made. Sunday at church she had a lesson on prayer. Here is some of what she wrote and it melted my heart:

"I thank thee for....heal me" with a picture of her in bed. She has had a lot of stomach problems over the summer. She is so much better now. Thank you all for your prayers and concern, by the way. But it touched me that she recognized Heavenly Father's role in blessing her with health.
Then she says, "I ask Thee for...helping my friend to be safe on his mission." The picture is of her favorite missionary...Elder David McClure, who went to the MTC yesterday to begin his mission in Texas. I like the bubble around Dave's mouth that says, "I safe."
This is Dave with the kids the night before he entered the MTC. He is such a great example to our family. The kids absolutely adore him and we will miss him coming over and hanging out with us. It touched my heart that out of all the things Camille could write on this little page, she wanted to make sure Elder McClure would be safe for the next 2 years.

The girls did NOT want him to leave!I love the child-like faith my children teach me.
No comments:
Post a Comment