Monday, February 8, 2010

BAPTISM DAY

On Saturday, Camille was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a wonderful day!
On the way to the church, Daren asked her if she was excited. She said she was SO excited that she couldn't feel her body.
She was worried if the water would be cold. But it wasn't.
Most of the day, Camille's face looked like this: (She said she couldn't stop smiling because she was so happy)
It was so much fun watching Camille's excitement. She is such a joy in our family and is excited about EVERYTHING, especially about being baptized.
After the baptism, we had a brunch at our house. For months, Camille has told us she wanted a pink limo to drive her to the baptism, an ice sculpture of herself holding the #8 in her hand at the brunch, a Sushi bar, steak and lobster. Daren says he is in BIG trouble when this girl gets married. We compromised on a chocolate fountain instead. And, it was a hit!
I LOVED watching the faces of the little kids.
Abby, (who told me she felt left out and I told her next year it would be her turn to be baptized) LOVES maraschino cherries. When I was pregnant with her, I craved them ALL the time. I think it's funny that she loves them so much since I always craved them during my pregnancy. Anyway, she LOVED putting the cherries on a stick and dipping them in chocolate.
I sure hope Brynn didn't get chocolate on her pretty dress.
And these 2 clowns. Tanner's friend Justin said he was staying at our house until the chocolate fountain ran dry.
And this little girl LOVED the marshmallows with chocolate.
It was a wonderful day-one that I hope Camille remembers for the rest of her life. There was such a sweet feeling at the baptism and we are so proud of Camille's decision to be baptized.
WE LOVE YOU CAMILLE!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I can't believe she is 8 years old already. In my mind your girls should be about 5 and 6. She looks beautiful! I love her exotic taste in food. Shushi? I can't even stomach that.