Sunday, January 18, 2009

SPONTANEOUS WEEKEND


NOTHING LIKE deciding Thursday you are leaving for a weekend trip to LAS VEGAS...where it is 65 degrees and not a cloud in the sky!

Daren was kind enough to keep all the kiddies and so I arrived in Vegas Friday night, got a hotel and had a nice quiet night all by myself. It was wonderful and much needed. Although, it was so strange going to a restaurant and saying...Just 1 tonight. I've never done that before!

Saturday, I went to lunch with my dear friend Tammy Brown. It was so wonderful to see her. She is so funny and just makes me laugh and laugh everytime I see her! Then Saturday night my dear friend from high school, Erin & I met up and went to dinner. He haven't seen each other since we were 21. We were at the restaurant for over 3 hours talking. She finally told the waiter, we're going to be here a while so you don't need to come see what we need every 5 minutes! Then we went to her house and talked until 4am, which is 5am Utah time! It was great to see her and to catch up on old times. She is absolutely adorable and as funny as I remember. I hope to see more of her when she comes to Utah or when I go to Las Vegas next.
I'M SO glad I didn't have to drive home today!

Bummer...I had my camera and didn't take 1 picture while I was there. Erin on the other hand decided to post high school pictures of us on her blog!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I told Erin the same thing. I am so disapointed you did not get pictures. I can't believe it! I am glad you had so much fun.

Julie said...

Fun and way fast! Those are the best getaways! Sounds like it was fun. Nice hubby too!!