I often joke with my brothers that to keep up with me they will need to eat Wheeties for breakfast and wear comfortable running shoes because I am SO busy. They totally laugh because I really think that they think I sit around at home, watch Price Is Right, eat ice cream and talk on the phone. Nothing could be further from the truth!
This week has been one of those weeks. I think to myself, "Where has the past week gone?" And then I remember:
A million carpools, including a new one I just started and misunderstood the start date and had 2 kids (not members of my family) late to their activity. SOOOOO EMBARRASSED about this!
A trip to Chuck E Cheese with 8 children.
Dinner with an old friend.
A daughters birthday.
Finishing touches to a science project.
Help pack for Klondike (snow camping for a scout in my house)
Voice lessons - definitely not for me
Tae Kwon Do - again defiantly not for me
2 kids appointments at the doctor's office
Haircut - this one for me
Church calling
Did I mention carpooling?
Dance lessons
Making dinner
Staying up until 1 am watching American Idol, The Biggest Loser, Lost, etc. (TIVO)
Grocery store
Cleaning
Laundry
I could keep going but won't bore you because I'm sure each of you have the same list each week. It's funny how next weeks list is the same...just with a few slight variations.
But I wouldn't change it for the world!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know what you mean. I have a BIL that is not a member of the church. Their kids aren't involved in anything and they don't have anything except for work and the kids going to school. He always complains about them never having time for anything and I always wonder why. Add a church calling and it gets really busy. Add a child being involved in something and it gets crazy. I wouldn't trade it though. Well, sometimes I would ; ).
Sounds familiar. A few months ago I asked Ryan to clean his room. His response was " Mom, I am so busy, why don't you do it while I'm at school. You've got time." Needless to say, I let him know what I thought of that comment.
Post a Comment