We have Ward Conference this Sunday at church. To start off the conference, our ward had a special session at the temple tonight. The session began later than usual and the temple president spoke to our ward family. I was so touched by his comments and felt as though he was speaking directly to me. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I was amazed at how many members of our ward came-over 70 people. Nearly every seat was filled in the session. It was so sweet to look around and see so many friends and neighbors gathered together. I am so grateful for the spirit that was there. I am so grateful to live in the shadows of the temple. I feel blessed to live 30 seconds from a temple. I love the feeling that comes from being a ward family. What a wonderful evening!Wednesday, February 18, 2009
SPECIAL NIGHT
We have Ward Conference this Sunday at church. To start off the conference, our ward had a special session at the temple tonight. The session began later than usual and the temple president spoke to our ward family. I was so touched by his comments and felt as though he was speaking directly to me. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I was amazed at how many members of our ward came-over 70 people. Nearly every seat was filled in the session. It was so sweet to look around and see so many friends and neighbors gathered together. I am so grateful for the spirit that was there. I am so grateful to live in the shadows of the temple. I feel blessed to live 30 seconds from a temple. I love the feeling that comes from being a ward family. What a wonderful evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, I am so bummed we had to miss! I am sure it was wonderful! Ward temple nights are the BEST!
I love the Temple! A couple years ago I got into the habbit of going every Wed. morning to the 5:30 session. What a wonderful experience! Since I had Taralee I can't go to the early morning session anymore(too hard to the kids to get ready for school and take care of a baby), but I am able to go every other Thursday. The new Gilbert Temple is being built in our Stake just minutes away from my house. I can't wait! I Love The Temple!
Hey it was fun last night!! Even though i had to be a front row Joe, I'm glad i got to sit by you!! It was so neat to see so many people, our last ward there would only be the Bishopric and there wives.I love going to the temple it always helps me to have a positive look on things. We will have to do dinner soon that would be fun!!
It really was a special night. Sis. Fish said our ward had 84 people there (not including her and her husband) She said it was one of the best turnouts from a ward she can remember. It really was sweet and I, like you appreciate the temple presidents remarks a lot. We loved it and Jason and I have commented since how neat our ward is. It's funny with how many people were there, we still missed those who weren't able to be there.
Post a Comment