1. Daren knee is thrashed. He is on crutches and is in pain. Tomorrow we go to the orthopedic doctor to see exactly what the damage is.
2. He had an eye appointment this morning and had his pupils dilated. I had to drive him around today. I always feel weird driving with him in the passenger seat. I want to hang a sign on the car that says, "My husband has a hurt knee and his pupils are dilated...that is why the WOMAN is driving."
Which leads me to #3
3. On my way to buy scriptures for Camille's birthday, I was rear-ended in my 2-month old NEW car. Luckily I had dropped the dilated pupil guy with the bum knee off at home FIRST. Long story short, my back is KILLING me and I am in a lot of pain AND my new car is smashed in! We will need to get a new bumper and hatch.
4. I am learning VERY quickly that I do not like insurance companies. I want the car fixed at the dealer since it is only 2 months old and I get the impression that the insurance company isn't really jazzed about that idea.
5. There was a shooting at the courthouse in Las Vegas, which is 2 blocks from Daren's office. He has done several trials there. That is a little too close to home for me. It is weird turning on the TV and seeing pictures of that area. So glad he wasn't in Vegas today.
6. I have MAJOR guilt because it is Camille's birthday and well, it hasn't been a great day around here.
THE GOOD:
1. Watching Camille open her new birthday outfit. She has wanted legging for SO long. Haven't you heard...ALL the girls have leggings EXCEPT her. Well after today, that isn't true.
2. Checking Camille out of school for our traditional birthday lunch. She wanted to go to Olive Garden. Daren and I had so much fun watching her face. She was just beaming! She even talked Daren into letting her order dessert, like that was difficult!
3. Going to Camille's class with birthday treats and watching all of the kids tell her, "These are the BEST treats in the world!"
4. Grateful that I was able to buy the steak and shrimp for the birthday dinner. If only I was able to get the Sushi that she requested, the dinner would have been perfect!
5. Ate an awesome breakfast...ARIZONA GRAPEFRUIT! Thanks to my awesome brother, his wife and my wonderful neighbors who brought them back from Arizona. They were delicious!
6. Today was Abby's first day at swimming. She jumped in, bawled, got out, sat on my lap, got my favorite pair of jeans all wet and killed my back. But I loved holding her cold, scared, frightened little body.
7. Being SO grateful that my kids and Daren weren't in the car with me when I was rear-ended.
8. Thankful for a husband who feels as lousy as I do but still drives carpool, picks out a birthday cake and even did the dishes.
9. But most of all, today I'm grateful to be Camille's mom. She is the life of this family and brings so much joy to each one of us.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMILLE! Sorry there was so much DRAMA today...but then again, you are our DRAMA QUEEN!
1 comment:
At least the year can only get better! Happy New Year!! One 20 year high school reunion coming up!
Post a Comment