Monday, August 23, 2010

ON MY OWN

I went to a new gym tonight for the first time. It felt strange. I guess I'm a creature of habit and changing to a new gym was more difficult than I had anticipated.
But on the positive side, I went in and knew exactly what to do! That was a great feeling and even though things were different than what I'm used to, I felt excited to be able to complete a circuit.

I REALLY missed her...
A LOT! I feel like a child learning to ride a bike. My training wheels have been taken off and I'm on my own wobbling all over the road trying to balance.
She warned me about this and talked me through what would happen when I came back home and started up at a new gym. I believed her. I just didn't think it would be this hard and lonely. I missed having her there pushing me, counting, and telling me what to do next. The altitude is KILLING me! Daren and I have been running twice and both times my lungs burn! I'm just so grateful for the things I have learned from her and I can't wait to see her again!

This is the only gym I have EVER worked out in:
So it felt like I was cheating on it when I went here:

And, I really missed my old gym. Because at this new one, some smelly, tattooed guy took my stability ball, made it all sweaty and then gave it back to me. YUCK!
I don't know whether I'm going to join this gym or another one. It will be fun to try them all out and decide which one will work best.

No comments: