Monday, December 8, 2008

GIFTS

One of my dearest friends from high school, Erin, has a really cute blog. This month she has devoted every day to express gratitude for a gift in her life. I decided to copy her idea and share gifts that I am grateful for. So each post until Christmas will be a gift that I am grateful for. They will be posted in no particular order.

Today's gift -

MY NEIGHBORHOOD

I feel so blessed to live in this neighborhood. I love living here. I love the people in my neighborhood. I love the friends we have made since we moved here. I love the people who teach my children at school, at church, in scouts, at piano, and at all the activities they are a part of. I love how my doorbell rings constantly with children who want to play with my children. I love my children's friends and I am grateful that my children have wonderful and amazing peers to grow up with.

Thank you to all of our wonderful neighbors who we are blessed to call friends! We love you all and hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!

3 comments:

Valerie Chandler said...

That neighborhood really IS such a unique, wonderful place! What a blessing.

Julie said...

We feel the exact same way! SO many times, we have said " oh maybe we should not have built this house and moved"...but we look around at all the wonderful people we would have missed out on meeting and immediatley feel at peace that we are here in this neighborhood. We love your family.

marianne said...

Can I just say ditto to your post? :) We feel the same way and are so happy to have you and your family here!