Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A POSSIBLE CHRISTMAS NIGHTMARE!

I knew I was in trouble 2 weeks ago when Camille sat on Santa's lap.

Santa: What would you like for Christmas?

Camille: A PUPPY!

Anna (My Friend): You are in trouble Julie!
Those that know me well know I'm not a big fan of animals and pets. Tanner had to BEG for years for a pet, earn the money and I finally caved. However, the snake minds his own business in Tanner's room and Tanner feeds and cleans up after him. I thought Camille would let the whole puppy thing pass. She hadn't mentioned it again....UNTIL this morning.

Camille: I am so excited today is Christmas Eve! Tomorrow I'm going to get my puppy!

Daren: Santa's elves called a couple days ago. We talked about it and decided the puppy will not be coming to our house this year.

Camille: Total and complete weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth. She began to cry so hard she couldn't talk. I don't want anything else for Christmas. I have been a good girl all year and a puppy is all I want. I don't want any toys...just a puppy!

Julie: Sobbing

Camille: More sobbing

Julie: Thinking of taking everything back to the store on Christmas Eve so her daughter can have a puppy - but dreading the lines at all the stores.

Camille: FINE...I'll be thankful for whatever I get. BUT I REALLY WANT A PUPPY!!

Julie: I feel like a shmuck because my hatred of pets has ruined my daughter's Christmas!

THEN THE CHRISTMAS MIRACLE ON CHRISTMAS EVE

DING DONG
Just in the nick of time, Old St. Nick was at our front door. Camille exclaimed, "I really want a puppy." Santa patiently sat Camille on his lap and explained that the puppy would not be coming this year, maybe next Christmas. He told her that she was a very good girl this year and that he had some special toys to bring her later tonight.
I just hope I haven't ruined Christmas and she is happy with all her new toys!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS! WE LOVE YOU!

6 comments:

Julie said...

That is so cute! I have your same dislike for pets and have dissapointed many of my kids on Christmas. I truly wish, I could be a "dog mom"...but I am not. A puppy was once again on Tyler's list this year...dang it! We might have to give in one of these days Julie!! Merry Christmas!

mamabear said...

Julie...hold your ground I caved in one year and I still have the dog to show for it. The one that I take care of and have FOREVER!!! Go for a hamster or fish they only last about 2 years!!
Good luck

Andrea said...

I have the same dislike for pets as well. Torie wanted a puppy sooooo bad this year and I kept telling her it was not going to happen. Then my neighbor got not 1 but 2 puppies for Christmas. When Torie heard of this she wanted to get rid of all her presents, trade them in if you will, and get a puppy. All I could say was thanks Jennifer!!!! Anyway Torie is allowed to visit the Shumway's puppies whenever she wants. Now both of us are happy.

Karly Payne said...

Poor girl she did'nt get a puppy.Karly

Anonymous said...

How funny! I have a blog now. This is kayla.

Niki Miller said...

Hi Julie! Long time, no see : ). I saw your brother, Mike, at Roundtable and he gave me your blog address. When I saw this post I had to comment. I have this converstaion daily with my 12 y.o. son. He wants a dog so bad, but it is not happening. I just can't do it. Luckily, George doesn't care for animals either so I'm not alone in the decision. Still doesn't stop Seth from asking. I'm glad I'm not the only one who says no. Seems like everyone is getting one. You've strengthened my resolve that we aren't!