2. Tanner recently turned 12 and is a Deacon in our church. Each Sunday 1 Deacon (a 12-13 year old boy) will sit up in the front of the congregation next to the Bishop and assist the Bishop should the need arise. Well a couple weeks ago, Tanner was not assisting the Bishop and was sitting next to me. The speaker started coughing. The Bishop motioned for the Deacon to go to the kitchen and get the lady a drink of water. Tanner leaned over and said to me, "I want that job. I want to be the ward waiter!" I started to laugh quietly, as to not make a scene during church. Tanner went on to explain, "That would be the coolest job. Wouldn't that be cool if I was sitting up there and the Bishop said...Hey kid...go get me a Coke!" I couldn't stop laughing becuase I could not imagine ANY Bishop sending a Deacon out to bring him a Coke. Daren was shushing me because I couldn't keep quiet. After church I told Daren what I was laughing about. He had a good laugh. Later, in Bishopric meeting he told the Bishop about Tanner's desire to be "The Ward Waiter." Bishop got a good laugh and couldn't imagine himself saying, "Yeah Tanner...run down to the Mini-Mart and bring me a cold drink." Daren said he had never seen the Bishop laugh so hard.
Where do they come up with this stuff?
4 comments:
LOL! Kids are so cute!
This is such a funny post! :)
How neat for Tanner. I love a new Deacon's happy enthusiasm.
That cracks me up..especially since Bishop is such a soft spoken quiet guy :)
Very clever he is!
Post a Comment