Today I was released from being the Primary President in my ward. It has been an awesome 2+ years and I will definitely miss working with the children in my ward. They are amazing young people and they have greatly enriched my life. Here are some fun memories I have from the past 2 years:
Sadie, 3, gives the opening prayer and asks that all the children will be able to receive a college education and get married in the temple.
McCoy, 5 at the time, was listening to our Bishop talk about President Monson. McCoy interrupts and proclaims, "I KNOW him! I voted for him!"
A boy who was 10 at the time ran away from Primary and thought it would be funny to hide in the church. His mom, dad and I searched for an extended period of time for him. I spotted him way down a long hallway from me. I was wearing the highest healed shoes I own. I sprinted as fast as I could down the hallway, praying nobody would open a classroom door to see me sprinting in the hallway in high heels. Daren later told me he would have paid good money to see my high-heeled sprint!
One day in Senior Primary I asked the children if any of them wanted to come bear their testimony. I was blown away that over HALF of them came charging up wanting to share their testimony. It touched my heart.
When asked what she was thankful for, Camille (my daughter) announces that she is thankful for dirt. I was so proud! :)
When we did a service project for children in Indonesia, MANY of our children did extra chores and jobs and made sacrifices to purchase school supplies for other children who were less fortunate than they. Again, it touched my heart.
Lacy, 4, who has down syndrome gives me the BEST hugs in the entire world. I will have to sneak into Primary now and get a hug from her because they are sweeter than any candy!
When talking about our Bishop, Jacob, 7, announces loud and clear for all to hear. I LOVE our Bishop because he drives a truck!
Kaitlin, 3, in the middle of sharing time exclaims, "TEACHER TEACHER! When I turn 4 I'm going to have a Strawberry Shortcake birthday cake." I guess she just couldn't wait to share her exciting news!
I love all these kids as if they were my own. It is so fun to watch them grow and mature. It has been one of the best privileges in my entire life serving in Primary with them!
And now as we had family prayer this morning, Camille asked that her mom would be able to "find a new job" - meaning a new church calling. Little does she know, her mom is content being unemployed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So sweet. Those stories made me cry. I too love the primary. You have been so wonderful and have certainly touched so many of them. But, even though you are ok being "unemployed" I know your heart will be tender for the next little while as you hear them singing in there and when you see them in the hallways, etc.....you have been awesome! Thank you for all you service, but especially thank you for serving my kids.
Marianne
You have been such a sweet Primary president..my kids have loved you and you will be missed. Whenever you spoke to the kids, you could really feel your love for them. Thanks for all your time and efforts serving for 2 years!! Mike is excited to serve with Daren and get to know him better. Enjoy your unemployment...because I know there are some gaps now in scouting :) Love, Julie
Ahhh...you're released, huh? We both started as P.P's at the same time, and here I still am, new baby and all! ;)
I imagine the release is very bittersweet. You have the weight of the calling off your shoulders, but I'm sure you really miss the children. You were awesome, Julie! Enjoy the break before they put you to work again!
Post a Comment