Sunday, June 27, 2010

A FUNERAL AND A CLOSE CALL

I feel old.

My last living grandparent passed away this past week. Yesterday was her funeral. It makes me sad not to have anymore grandparents.

This picture is how I like to remember my grandma. She had the most beautiful brown eyes and olive-toned skin. She gave those brown eyes to my dad, who gave them to me and I have since passed on to Abby. Also thanks to her, we all have olive toned skin that rarely sunburns. She was a great lady and will be missed.On the way to her funeral in Colorado, I was flying to Denver to meet Daren. From Denver we went onto her funeral. Anyway, while flying into Denver I thought I was going to be the first fatal crash in Southwest Airlines history. The flight was going well until as we started approaching the airport in Denver. Apparently they closed the airport due to thunderstorms. So we circled the airport for a half an hour, which made me sick to my stomach. Then, the pilot comes on and says that the airport is open and we are going to land. The turbulence was HORRIBLE. The plane was going side to side, we were bouncing all over the place. It was so rough that one of the overhead bins opened up. I was FREAKED out. I started to have a panic attack. I was shaking and to make matters worse, the blonde 20-something chick next to me says, "Oh I LOVE turbulence." I wanted to say, "OK...you can shut up before I throw you out the window and then see how much you love turbulence!" I was SO happy to be on the ground safely when we landed. I went over to an empty area of the airport and started to cry. It was TERRIBLE!

Needless to say, I'm not flying into Denver anytime soon. (Sorry Erin...I still want to come see ya sometime in Denver...maybe when there aren't thunderstorms!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the passing of your Grandmother. And sorry about the crappy flight into Denver. Please still come visit! :) BTW... i flew in by noon on Friday and climbed into bed for the rest of the afternoon :)

Andrea said...

Oh Julie I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I remember her well. We always loved her pink cadaliac. Can I tell you how impresed I am with you and your getting in shape! Way to go. I am in Utah the next 2 weeks let's get together.