We have NEVER been on a hike as a family...until this weekend! Daren has gone with the kids, Tanner has gone more times than I can count with the Boy Scouts but today was the first day we
ALL went.

It takes a
MAN to carry the PRINCESS backpack with water and snacks!
The kids dragged me up a large red rock mountain.

Since I am afraid of heights, I was
REALLY nervous.
It was fun to spend time hiking as a family.
It made me really nervous that the kids kept climbing on rock formations that were really large. Daren kept telling me, "THAT'S WHAT KIDS DO!" But they had SO MUCH FUN!! I tried to just relax and enjoy watching them.
As we were walking back to the car I heard Abby and Tanner talking. They were sharing with each other their favorite parts of the hike. I heard Abby say, "My favorite part was watching mom climb that really big rock with us." My heart melted. I'm so glad to be doing things like this with my family.
3 comments:
That is one of our favorite hikes...red rocks! My kids love it there. Julie you are so fit and you look awesome!
Is that picture of you and Daren hugging on top of the rock after you hiked to the top and you're still terrified? ;) Your kids will remember this for a long time. What a nice Mom!!
So fun! We love hiking as a family. Hey maybe you could also learn to love camping and then we can go together as families and have a great time. Maybe? ;o)
Post a Comment