Sunday, October 10, 2010

FALL UPDATE

Busy last couple of weeks!

Strep throat has hit our house hard. I think I had it, gave it to Camille and it has been passed around like The Old Maid in a card game. Hopefully it is gone!

We are getting a new Japanese student later this month. We are all really excited about our student coming for a week at the end of October.

BYU stinks this year. It is fun to watch Daren during the games--arms folded, face is red, sudden yelling outbursts. I can't help but laugh!

I am loving watching all of our fall shows--SURVIVOR, AMAZING RACE, THE BIGGEST LOSER, THE OFFICE and Camille's new favorite-DANCING WITH THE STARS. Thank goodness for TIVO!

My high school reunion is coming up in a couple of weeks. Can't believe it has been 20 years!

Last but not least...

LOVED watching General Conference last weekend! We were able to attend the Saturday morning session when they announced the Lisbon Portugal temple. It was a sweet experience watching Daren be SO excited that a temple was going to be built in Lisbon where he served as a missionary MANY, MANY years ago. I think deep down he has always wanted to go visit Portugal but it hasn't been on my list of top places to visit. Ever since he told me the entire country smells like a mixture of coffee and urine, it hasn't quite made the cut for me. Then when they announced this new temple in Lisbon, I thought it would be so fun to go there with him someday. But, first we are dying to go to Japan to see our wonderful Japanese friends.

Oh, all these trips!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

How about a trip out to DC to see your GREAT friends the Turners. Miss you guys.

Andrea said...

You are so old! Just thought I would throw that out! Can't wait to see you at the end of next week!