Tuesday, November 23, 2010

HILTON HEAD

Daren and I spent last week in Hilton Head, SC for our anniversary. It was SO MUCH FUN!! I made him promise me like a million times that we would come back. It reminded us a lot of Hawaii and San Diego. The entire island is so clean, not a piece of trash to be found anywhere. The weather was amazing, 70 degrees and sunny the entire time. It was the perfect week!

While getting massages, I noticed this saying was on the wall. It summed the week up perfectly!
Nothing is better than waking up to this:
And having a view like this:

And spending a week with your best friend!
I have so much to blog about so I will start with only a few things today. The first day we were there we rented beach cruisers. Everyone rides bikes everywhere on the island. Everyone also owns a Buick and a golf cart too. But we LOVED riding bikes. The first day we rode 15 miles along the beach and throughout the town.
The next day we rode 10 miles.
Daren looked SO happy riding on the beach. I will forever have his happy face riding on the beach etched into my mind.
We rode our bikes along the beach and found this really fun restaurant for breakfast, which was the site of THE MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT of my ENTIRE life. This picture will forever remind me of what happened 30 minutes after this picture was taken.

On our anniversary, Daren planned the BEST DAY EVER!! We slept in, went to lunch at The Crazy Crab, right on the water. Then we rode bikes all afternoon and went to dinner at my FAVORITE seafood restaurant, The Chart House. He had 10 gifts for me and he would surprise me at all different times during the week with these awesome gifts. They were things like the last 2 seasons of The Office, which we watched on the plane, perfume, new PJ's, a CD, new exercise clothes (much needed for winter), special sentimental gifts, a Japanese CD so I can learn some Japanese words, and best of all... A NEW CAMERA! It was so fun because I never knew when a gift would happen to pop up.

We were really sad to leave. And, it has stunk being home today doing laundry, going to the grocery store while a blizzard is supposed to hit at any moment. I sure miss our 70 degrees and beautiful beach in Hilton Head!

No comments: