Sunday, November 28, 2010

RIVALRY GAME

It's that time of year again. The Friday night after Thanksgiving, the night before the big BYU/UTAH football game. All of the Cougar elf's and Ute elf's are out and about decorating the neighborhood.

This year we enlisted the help of Barack and Michelle Obama. They are BIG Ute fans, ya know! We had the neighbors yard decorated perfectly. We went to color a Ute house blue and were gone for 5 minutes. When we came back, Barack had been kidnapped. This is the only picture I have of him before he was stolen.
The next morning, here's how my neighbors yard looked:


We were really sad that someone took Barack. We set up a hotline where people could call with tips. Even a reward of cinnamon rolls were offered. We had several tips come in. My neighbor next door saw a strange car pull up and put Barack in the back of the car and then sped away. Then my neighbors across the street, who had their yard decorated with The Obama's went to the football game. Knowing that Barack was missing, they were really surprised to arrive at the football game and see our Barack cutout at a tailgate party. They asked the guy where he got the Barack cut out and he said, "Uh, Uh, Uh...it's my friends." Well he is now a person of interest in our case and I hope he feels guilty about stealing.
During all of this commotion of Barack's cutout kidnapping, I made the CARDINAL mistake. I broke RULE #1...I left the garage door open while I was searching for Barack. BIG MISTAKE!!! We came home to this confetti in our garage and our car had some new paint.
But it is all in good fun.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the neighborhood. I love when the BYU houses turn red and the Ute houses turn blue.



This picture totally cracks me up. A cute little 8 year-old boy in our neighborhood was decorating this Ute house. I died laughing as he took a blue table cloth and put it over this Christmas sign that says JOY. However. he decided to leave the 'Y' uncovered. TOO CUTE!!
The funniest of them all was this morning, the day after BYU's 1-point loss. Some neighbors put this in our yard. We laughed and laughed. True football fans know this is play on Max Hall's famous speech from last years game with Utah.
Thanks for the fun memories and tradition.
And, whoever has Barack...we will find you and bring you to Cougar justice!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

haha! LOL! So funny! Glad U like, in fact LOVE everything about Utah now! Its about time baby :)