Here are reasons why the mother refused to have a dog:
1. She didn't want to have to clean up after it.
No. 2 (Adequately named) The dog would go No. 2 in the yard. Kids step in the No. 2. Kids come in the house. No. 2 in the house.
3. It would scratch the back door.
4. Dogs shed. Don't want dog hair on couch and wood floor.
5. Vacation time comes, what do you do with the dog?
6. Dog gets sick-vets aren't cheap. The mother would rather use the vet money to go on a vacation!
7. Dog dies-everyone is sad, except mother!
SO, one day the oldest boy Tanner came home to announce his friend Braiden was selling his corn snake. He begged and pleaded once again to have a pet. This time mother had mercy on him. After discussing the snake with Braiden's mother, Tanner's mother realized it was time for Tanner have his own pet. Conditions were placed...Tanner would need to earn the money, the snake came with a locking cage-which if not secured and the snake escaped, the snake would have less than 24 hours to vacate the premises.
ALSO, the snake would need to eat. It wasn't until later, after Tanner's mother agreed to have a reptile in her basement that she realized what the snake eats. DEAD MICE-Frozen & Thawed!! This would require Tanner to get a job to earn the money for the frozen, dead mice. This would also require Tanner's mother to allow frozen dead mice to reside in her freezer-clearly marked in a plastic container and separated from the rest of the family's food. (Yes, I think I deserve to be mother of the month here. At least get an honorable mention!) Tanner agreed to the conditions and just recently received his first paycheck from his first job--watering trees! We are heading to the pet store tomorrow to buy more mice! Lucky me!
5 comments:
You deserve "Mom of the Year"! YUCK!
Julie Bloxham-- You are sooo cute! I loved this story and I must say that you are being very brave! :)
I am so happy that you are blogging. It makes staying in touch so much easier, and holding onto you is something that I want to do. I have super fond memories of our Cub Scout meetings together. It was fun to laugh with someone about the funny things that those boys said and did.
This blog makes me very happy! Thanks for letting me peek in on your great life a bit!
Love to you--
Yes, you deserve mom of the year! Snakes and MICE?!?! I couldn't even go home!!! And I certainly could never enjoy anything out of the freezer!! I could never even get into it!! :)
Sam thinks you're way cool for doing that.
Way to make us other moms look bad. :)
You are a nice mom! My kids beg for any living creature and I have yet to succumb! We just go to the zoo to see animals...is what I tell my kids. Ben will be so jealous when I tell him. I can't believe your girls hold the thing!
Have you read that book called "I Wanna Iguana?" It's the exact same story, but it's about an iguana instead. Hillarious post! If anything comes from having Corneleous, it will be some great, vivid memories they'll talk about forever!
Post a Comment