Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WE ARE SO EXCITED!

TONIGHT we are picking up our Japanese student at BYU. We are so excited to meet Sotaro Iinuma. He is a 14 year-old student who will be staying with our family for a week. We have a lot of fun things planned while he is here. I will be keeping my blog updated everyday so Sotaro's family can see pictures of him while he is in America.

There are 6 Japanese students from Sotaro's school who will be staying in our neighborhood. So if he gets too homesick there are 5 other students close by. I have 2 friends who speak Japanese. One of them brought over a note written in Japanese for Sotaro. I can't read any of it because it is in Japanese but my friend told me it was a welcome note with her phone number in case he needs anything.

Sotaro's family has a link to our blog. I hope they will know how excited we are to meet their son. I'm sure his family is nervous about him coming to America but I hope through this website that they will know their son is doing well and enjoying America.

2 comments:

marianne said...

You guys are great for doing this! I was an exchange student in Japan one summer when I was 16 and my host family was the best! For years and years we kept in contact. In fact, at the end of my mission they came down to the island I was serving on (in south Japan) and spent a Sunday with me and my companion. You will be making awesome memories for this boy, and your family. I hope we can host students someday.

Andrea said...

What a neat experience for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures. Hey by the way I logged onto FaceBook and have been in contact with alot of our old friends from MHS. Call me and I will let you in on everything! Enjoy your week!