Daren had to go to St. George for a couple days for work. He decided to take Abby with him and drop her off at my parents house in Cedar City. Abby was so excited!
Call #1: 2 minutes after departure
Daren: Yeah...we aren't even to the temple yet and Abby has to go potty!
Julie: Laughter...it's going to be a LONG 3 hours for him!
Call #2: 20 minutes after departure
Daren: Just left the gas station. Abby feels much better. She won't stop talking and I can't hear sports radio so I bought her a Gatorade and Oreos!
Julie: Again... laughter. Abby has a bladder the size of a thimble. And he just bought her a Gatorade, which doesn't come in a small container. Oreos? Really? It's 9:30am? No wonders why my kids like to travel with Daren more than me!
Call #3: Just south of Nephi
Daren: I can't get sports radio anymore so Abby let's hear all of your questions and comments now.
Julie: Apparently the Gatorade is gone and so are the Oreos!
Call #4: Meadow, Utah
Another potty break
Call #5: Cedar City, Utah
Daren: Just dropped off Abby. Our conversation from Meadow to Cedar City went something like this:
Abby: Dad guess what? Blah blah blah
Daren: That's great Abby
Abby: Dad guess what? Blah blah blah
Daren: That's great Abby
Abby: Are we there yet? How much longer? Is it longer than if I count to 100 3 times?
Daren: Yeah a little longer than that.
Abby: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Daren: Count in your head Abby.
Abby: Dad guess what? Blah blah blah
Daren: That's great Abby
(The above repeated for an hour and a half!)
Julie: WELCOME TO MY WORLD!
5 comments:
Ha ha ha!
That's exactly how it is with us too! When they are one on one they just can't stop talking!! So funny! She's a sweet girl. That's precious daddy-daughter time. :)
Miss you guys! Can't wait to see you all again. Your kids are so dang cute.
I love it when husbands get to experience "our world" for a few moments!! That is a way fun daddy daughter date. I did not know your parents lived in Cedar...do they know the Lewis' down there??
"K" that was too funny. I was laughing out loud! Can't wait for the drive home! Maybe he needs to invest in some ear plugs.
Such a cute post. I love it! That's great they had some bonding time. Seems like most road trips you don't talk much because the kids are so into their DVDs with their headphones on. They love to chat about life.
Post a Comment