GIFT #6
TRAVELING WITH DAREN
There are so many things I love about Daren. He is truly my better half and I am a better person for being married to him. Being married to Daren is a gift that keeps on giving. He is truly my best friend and I LOVE our life together.
I could list all the things I love about him but I know he would hate that SO instead I decided to focus how much fun I have with him. We have been married 8 years. In that 8 years we have been to Washington DC twice, Florida twice, The Caribbean, Texas, Missouri, Chicago, Hawaii, California (WAY too many times to count), The Pacific Northwest (again, TOO many times to count), and hopefully soon...The Big Apple!! He is so much fun to travel with. Going on trips with him is one of my favorite things to do.
One of my favorite memories... we went to Hawaii a few years ago. While we were there we decided to go parasailing. There were 3 height options - 700ft, 900 ft, and 1200 ft, which is the highest the State of Hawaii allows. We decided on the 700 ft. We started to pay our money and somehow the guy talked us into the 1200ft. We get out on the boat and 2 girls start their turn parasailing. They were really high in the air. We asked the guy...they must be doing the 1200 ft, right? He said, oh no they are 700ft in the air. Daren and I looked at each other and I think I turned green. We are both afraid of heights. Next thing we know, it was our turn. I was so scared for the first minute. After a minute or two, it was so beautiful. It was a scene I will never forget - looking down at the beautiful blue waters of Hawaii and reflecting on how quiet everything seemed. It was at that moment, that I looked over at Daren who was also enjoying the moment and I realized how wonderful it was to be in such a beautiful place, doing something that is WAY out of my comfort zone with my best friend!
Thanks Daren for all of the fun memories and a wonderful life! I LOVE YOU!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Parasailing looks so fun and scary. I would love to do that sometime. We love to travel too.We really should go ona trip together sometime.
We love, love, love Hawaii!! We haven't been for so long though. It looks like you had a great time. We love to travel too.
Post a Comment