Friday, March 13, 2009

PORTLAND BOUND

Finally some good news!
I'm looking forward to:


  • Shopping with no sales tax.
  • Going out to lunch with my favorite Catholic friend. Actually she is my only Catholic friend because I don't know any other Catholics! Hey, I live in Utah County and there isn't a huge population of Catholics 'round these parts! Wish I knew more like her.
  • The tallest building on the right has an awesome restaurant-Portland City Grill, top floor. AMAZING SEAFOOD & VIEW!
  • Going to visit the nurse who helped deliver Tanner when he was a Preemie. Can't wait to see her. I've never forgotten her kindness and compassion.
  • Cranberry hazelnut scones-YUM!
  • Bento for lunch.
  • Did I mention shopping with no sales tax? Definitely will take an extra suitcase.
  • Oh yeah - some quiet alone time with Daren--PRICELESS!
Except, I'm sure it will be raining - which I totally LOVE!!

**Little side note-Daren and I both lived in the Northwest for 5 years at the same time but didn't know each other. We lived 10 minutes apart and worked 4 blocks apart and never knew each other. He even did depositions in the building that I worked in. It is really fun to go to Portland together because we each have so many favorite places to visit. We always wonder if we passed each other in an elevator or at a downtown restaurant and never knew it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Portland! And I agree... who cares if it rains?!

Andrea said...

I hope you had a great time! I tried to call you earlier this week to check on you and see if you are ok. I will try again when you are home!