Monday, March 30, 2009

THE YOUNGEST ONE

Last Saturday a new Wal-Mart opened by my house. They had a big grand opening party. It felt like a giant ward party because we saw so many friends and neighbors there. It has been the excitement of the neighborhood to have a Wal-Mart so close.

They had a bunch of drawings for different prizes. One of the prizes was a new bicycle. It was shinny and blue. Abby REALLY wanted to win the bicycle. She entered the drawing. Her brother entered more times than one could count. The drawing was to be held at 5pm. All afternoon, over and over again, this is what I heard:

"Mom, what time is it?"

"Is it 5 o'clock yet?"

"Did Wal-Mart call to say that I won the bike?"

"When will it be 5 o'clock?"

"Mom, what time is it?"

Surprisingly enough, the winning call never came from Wal-Mart. I mean, they only had a thousand or so people at the grand opening. What are the odds that she wouldn't win the bike, right? She was devastated. Everyday she talks about how sad she is that she didn't win. So I've decided to go buy her a new bike this week. She really needs a new one and loves to ride her sister's.

I guess it's one of the perks for being the youngest!

PS-A BIG THANK YOU to whoever shoveled our walks this morning! This spring snow has been the pits and it was so nice waking up to see that someone took care of that chore for our family! THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

That is the cutest picture of the two of you!! And yes, the youngest kids always get perks :)

marianne said...

Hopefully it will quit snowing so she can actually ride it!! Cute girls.