Wednesday, March 11, 2009

REALLY ROUGH WEEK

It's been a difficult couple of weeks. Tears shed, hearts broken, faith tested are only the beginning. This past week has been especially difficult. I don't feel a blog is the correct platform to discus all of our tales of woe. I know there are many who know our situation and are praying for us. To those of you who have reached out to our family with love, compassion and friendship, thank you seems so trite. But please know we are grateful for our family and friends who have strong shoulders for us to lean on.

I know that our Heavenly Father is watching over us. In fact yesterday when we were functioning at a low level, Daren received a phone call from a friend who needed him to help with a trial in my favorite city--PORTLAND, OREGON. Words cannot express the love I have for 'The Rose City.' I lived there for 5 years and it has a special place in my heart. It is the most beautiful city with green beautiful trees, a beautiful downtown river, great shopping (with no sales tax), amazing food. I could go on and on how much I love Portland. Plans are still in the works but I am hoping to be able to accompany Daren on this business trip. I think it will do both of us wonders!

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and friendship!

8 comments:

marianne said...

I have no idea what you are going through, but after reading this, my heart goes out to you. I hope everything is OK and you are alright.
Love, Marianne

Valerie Chandler said...

Me neither, but I sure love you, Julie.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope things move forward and upward. I'm thinking of you...

House of Payne said...

Jeff called me and talked with me about what's going on. I wish I could help shed some of your woes. I will remember you and your family in my prayers tonight. Hopefully your trip to OR works out!

Julie said...

Somehow things always work out! I am going to the temple and will put your names on the prayer roll..prayers are heard and answered and you are loved by all! Thanks for all your efforts and hard work in primary...you are a bit of sunshine in there :)

Kathryn said...

I have no idea what is going on, but i want you to know call me if you need anything. I hope you get to go on the trip with Darren. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. You are a awesome friend and i want to see your smile again soon!!
Love, Kathryn Bishop

tammylovesscott said...

Whatever you are going through, I know you have the testimony and faith to endure. You are amazing. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hope you and Daren have a great time.
We need to get together. I love you tons.
Tammy

Heather said...

Same as above. You are an amazing person and I know you will be blessed through this trial.