For starters, these 3 are the joy of my life. I'm grateful for a son who honors his priesthood and is a great example to me. Today is Fast Sunday because next week is our stake conference. He didn't want to fast but decided on his own he was going to anyway. By the time I woke up this morning, he was completely ready to go collect fast offerings. Every Deacon in our ward (16 total) came this morning to collect fast offerings. When he came home, I found him sorting his money getting ready to pay his tithing. He touched my heart today and made me thankful to be his mom.
I am grateful to be married to a man who is my best friend.
I am grateful for a kind neighbor who came to help us shovel mulch into our yard. Daren, Tanner, me and even little Camille and Abby helped shovel. We were all so grateful for the help and kindness. I am so grateful for our ward family.
At the 6th grade graduation this week, the principal said, (I guess she says this everyday to the kids on the announcements) "Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours." This phrase has been on my mind this week and I am learning that when I have gratitude in my heart, my outlook on life seems brighter.
A few years ago, a friend of mine gave me this poem. I have treasured it through the years.
I am thankful.....
For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes, because it means she/he is at home, not on the streets...
For the taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed ...
For the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends...
For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat...
For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home...
For all the complaining I hear about the Government, because it means we have freedom of speech...
For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking, and that I have been blessed with transportation...
For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm...
For the lady behind me in church that sings off key, because it means that I can hear...
For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear...
For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard and using those limbs...
And finally....
For the alarm that goes off in the early morning, because it means that I am alive.
2 comments:
that's a sweet and true poem. you do have a lot to be grateful for! you have an incredible family AND your MULCH looks amzing in your yard!!! :) lets go out soon! did you see that a texas roadhouse in going in in Lehi by Costco????
Oh so true! Attitude is everything. My kids would get bugged by the daily " Make it a great day...etc" from Mrs. Friel, but really it's a powerful phrase and I am glad she says it. Chad spoke at the graduation and he said he was going to talk about that very thing!
Post a Comment