D-O-G!!
I hate dogs, cats, and pretty much any animal that eats or poops. This is NO secret. However, my husband and kids have wanted a dog for YEARS. And for YEARS my answer has always been the same...Dog moves in, mom moves out. I used to tell the kids I was allergic to dogs and that's why we couldn't have one. After a few years, they wised up and realized that may not be exactly true.
I haven't wanted a dog for several reasons. Some of them include:
1. Empty Promises-The kids have said, "We will take care of it. You won't have to do a thing. We will bathe it, feed it, walk it, clean up its poop." This coming from 3 people who can't hardly do the above mentioned for themselves. And I am sure in about a month I will be the one stuck doing the above.
2. They are messy. The dog is going to poop in the yard. Kids are going to step in it and track it throughout the house.
3. What do we do with it when we are vacation?
4. The dog gets sick or dies and everyone is sad.
5. It's a pain and hassle that I don't want to deal with.
It took Daren a nano-second to get the dog a BYU tag
But over the past few months, my heart has softened EVER SO SLIGHTLY. Then about a month ago, Camille said that she told Santa that is all she wanted for Christmas. And if she didn't get a dog for Christmas, then she wasn't going to believe that Santa was real anymore. She had been a good girl all year and there should be no reason why he wouldn't bring her the one and only thing she wanted for Christmas.SO I CAVED. We went to our ward Christmas party tonight and I think half of my ward thinks I have totally lost my mind because they all know that I am definitely not an animal lover.I keep asking Daren what I get in return for the dog joining our family. A trip to Hawaii?? Mother of the Year?? Perhaps, and endless shopping spree (and not to PetSmart).I am worried I will wake up tomorrow with major buyer's remorse.
So here's the deal with the dog. Everyone keeps asking me what kind of dog he is. I don't know how to say it...he's just a brown dog. Actually he is a Llasa Apso. He is 1 1/2 years old and is FULLY potty trained. If he wasn't, he'd still be back at the pound. He does not shed, again another requirement to leave the pound. He is crate trained, which is very nice. He is VERY MELLOW. His brown-ness matches the wood and tile in the house. He actually looks good walking around. Oh, and his name is Jack. His name was Stanley but Stanley is a grandpa name or a name of a guy from The Office...not a dog name. So, Jack it is.
Tanner kept saying, "This feels like a dream!"
Yeah, it 's a dream alright..my worst nightmare coming true!
1 comment:
SOOOO are you still lovin' the doggie? How are the nights? any accidents? You are a nice mom...but such a cute dog! My kids want to come over and see him!
Post a Comment