After the kids and Daren went to bed, I couldn't sleep. I was so excited for Christmas. I started watching a movie and then I started thinking about my friend Sachiko in Japan. I decided to call and surprise her since it was 4pm in Japan and midnight in Utah. It was so much fun to talk to her. I sure wish they lived closer and I miss them SO much! We also got a Christmas card from our last Japanese student. It was fun to hear from hm. (Kazuya...I promise I will send you the pictures you took after the first of the year.)
Everything was going great on Christmas Day. I even had a nice nap before dinner.
Then...everything went downhill!
Jack bit the nose of my 6-year old neighbor girl. Talk about guilt!! I felt HORRIBLE!!! It was sort of a freak thing that happened but I still felt awful! Luckily she is okay and her parents said they would still be our friends. WHEW!!
Shortly after that, Jack puked and then the kids told me that they had been keeping a secret. Apparently, the kids and Daren all made a pack not to tell me that Jack has had several potty accidents in the house. They have all cleaned them up and decided not to inform me because they knew I would freak out. Well, I freaked alright and seriously thought about sending Jack away. But the kids were all crying and then I had guilt about sending the dog away.
So, the dog is still here...BARELY and other than our dog issues, Christmas was AWESOME!!
2 comments:
Keep sharing the Jack stories so I won't get weak and cave in. My kids want a dog so bad and I don't want a dog so bad. So be a good friend and keep sharing. Thanks!
Ok...I thought it was all too good to be true about your little Jack! I kept thinking and wondering why and how you could be so lucky...as I only lasted 3 weeks with our little dog! Thats too funny, they divulged their lil secret!!
Post a Comment