Saturday, October 11, 2008

RIVALRY WEEK HAS BEGUN A MONTH EARLY!

Travis & Daren - Even when they do yard work they are appropriately dressed

We have these really fun neighbors, The Wendels. They are great people and we totally love them, except for 1 thing! THEY ARE UTE FANS!! I mean they are BIG TIME UTE FANS! We have had so much fun with them through the years, especially during rivalry week. This year since The Utes and BYU are both undefeated and aspiring for a BCS bowl, THE PRESSURE IS ON!

Both Daren and Travis agree on 1 thing. Every football fan in the state of Utah needs to be rooting for both BYU and The U of U right now. These 2 teams need to go into the rivalry game at the end of November undefeated. Secretly, I think Daren is just hoping that the ESPN crew shows up in Salt Lake so he can go see Lee Corsco and that Herbstreet guy.

A Bet Has Been Placed. The losing family (which will be The Wendels) will have this placed in their front yard after the game: (By the way, when BYU wins we will be redecorating the trailer.)






And who wouldn't want THAT sitting in their front yard! This is one game I PRAY the Cougars don't lose!

4 comments:

Julie said...

That is so funny! We are so split in our house, with dad playing for Utah and uncle playing for BYU--that we truly root for both teams! It will be a great game for sure..and even better if both teams are undefeated. According to Mike....you might just have that beauty of a trailer parked right in front of your house!!!

Whitney said...

Oh man, what a bet! I am praying with you that our Cougars win!! I hope to never, ever see that thing in front of your house--although IF you do get it, I'd totally be there with you to help repaint it!

Dan said...

don't worry, if you have to have that thing in front of your house it will be "redecorated" by your faithful friends and byu neighbhors.

marianne said...

That comment above from Whitney is actually from me. I just noticed that it said Whit, I must have been logged in under her name... :)