Today we went to Salt Lake City to hear Music and The Spoken Word. Every Sunday since 1929 the Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs Music and The Spoken Word. While we were there, we saw other host families of Japanese students and Sotaro's teachers. The choir was beautiful and Sotaro seemed to enjoy it. He took a lot of pictures to show his family. As a special surprise, at the end of the Spoken Word, we realized that President Monson was there. It was such a blessing to see our Prophet.
The message today was called "Unexpected Blessings." That phrase captured up how I have felt all week having Sotaro in our home. He has been such a blessing to our family. I was not expecting such a wonderful blessing to come into our home. I am so grateful he was able to visit America and come into not only our home but into our hearts.
.JPG)
Temple Square - Salt Lake City
After the broadcast, we took a tour of Temple Square with some of the other Japanese students and their host families. We saw 2 of our neighbors there. It was a great morning!
After we came home, we built a fire in our backyard and roasted hotdogs. Sotaro LOVES hotdogs!! Then we made s'mores but he didn't really like them. He said they are too sweet. I love how the Japanese don't like a lot of sweets. I wish I could be more like that!
3 comments:
You know my brother I told you about? Well his host family from Japan came to see him here in Utah this weekend and they were also up there this morning. Small world. I wish that I could've translated that for you--it's been sooo long and I have forgotten so much!! I should've tried :) it might have been really funny.
Sounds like a great day! We would love to take our kids to that Music and the Spoken word! How wonderful to have the Prophet there! We missed you in Primary...Aubree gave her first Sacrament meeting talk today! Thanks for all your posts with Sotaro...we enjoyed them.
Julie, you've been so good to keep updating your blog this about your week weith Satoro. I agree, it's been a great experience. We have really grown to love Keishi, too. We had good intentions to go to the tabernacle choir broadcast this morning but we slept in instead! I'm bummed now!
Post a Comment